Monday, September 27, 2010

Surviving the home

My parents have left for another town leaving me alone at home. It is quite a challenge because they never did this for more than 3 days. Meaning I have to take care of the laundry, dishes, food, garbage, etc… and, quite honestly, this isn’t something I did before. So far I’m having fun and I am surviving. On my fourth day now and I’m trying to see what I can cook.
It is quite shocking that a lot of people know don’t know the basics to surviving. Yes I know some people who cook for themselves, who do laundry for themselves, who clean for themselves but rarely do I see someone do all three! Gone are the days of Labbaw Dunngon where everyone is self-sufficient in the basic necessities of life and interdependent to each other with regards to the community. But if we were like that before, we can be there again. We can even be much better! And the change starts here, with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment