Wednesday, September 29, 2010

An Exclamation Mark !

The exclamation mark is a very brilliant invention. Aside from having commas, periods, and question marks are common things. You need them for pauses and a way to identify questions. But to have an exclamation mark, which was derived from the Latin word for 'Joy', is just incredible. I never thought of it like this 'til it actually change my life in a little way!

Unconsciously I use exclamation marks rarely as to let the reader of my message see that when there is the presence of that mark, there is a significance to it and I find this better than to use it often thus allowing the mark to lose its meaning. One day while I was texting with a leader of mine about a meeting we were to set (sorry I meant, it was already set) but something was planned in school on that day which I had to join for the grade (or else I fail). So I had to tell my leader, and I wasn't so use to texting with her yet.

What shocked me the most was that every time she replied there was an exclamation mark at the end of each sentence. It amazed me because if I were to be placed at her shoes and someone came to me saying that they couldn't join the meeting on that day when it was already set! I'd go mad and grow impatient. But her! Wow! I give her my utmost respect and I look up to her. They was she responded with the exclamation mark made me see what a patient person she is and how I can be like that in the future if I just continually aim for it and persevere to attain that!

So now I aim to become an exclamation mark towards the people around me. Who is my benchmark? Labbaw Dunggon of course. He is the "best"! Swimming across vast oceans, cutting through dense jungles, and slaying ominous beings giving his life in the process to be cursed as a pig. Yea, I really do think that he was an exclamation mark! Don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment