Saturday, November 27, 2010

Free Fall!!!

Two things enter my mind when I think of free falling. The first is what something a friend told me about an eagle. They say that for an eaglet to learn how to fly, the father eagle would have to drop it from their high nest and let it free fall until it reaches a certain point where the father will catch it again if ever the young one fails to fly. Crazy! I said to myself the first time I heard it, but how in the world can you reject such dreadful methods when in the ends you can't say that it doesn't work! What other animal can fly above the storms? Its the eagle who claims this right!!! This is strength.

The second is the free falling in the Bohol Plunge in the Philippines (you can check a youtube video for this). This isn't just your regular free fall because you are also attached to a rope which has its fulcrum in a longer rope between mountains. So it's like swinging back and forth in the "valley" of the mountain. Cool! Awesome, and the view is spectacular! I would call this beauty.

Though both are never fully one thing they are known and sought for for that things they are known for (did you get that?). Simply put, an eagle is both beauty and strength but as for me it's known to me for their strength. This is the image which mankind was given in general.
Man is _____ and women is ______. Given the options (strength or beauty) I guess you would be capable of filling the blanks. Though both are never purely one they are known for one. It's just like epics like Hinilawod, it's both beauty and strength. Maybe it is one reason why people are so drawn to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment